Binder Building Sessions
Below is a list of Eagle Binder requirements and steps to submit the Eagle binder and Eagle application.
- All three sections of the Eagle Project Workbook – (October, 2015 version)
- Proposal Section w/ signatures – this was completed when your project was approved.
- Project Plan – no signatures in this section
- Project Report – your final report on the project with SM and Beneficiary signatures.
- Complete all Eagle required badges. Complete any outstanding partials to get to 21 total. Meet with your counselors and have your counselor send sign off to Mr. Treacy.
- Completed Eagle Rank Application (April, 2017 version) using information you pull from Troopmaster. http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/512-728_WB_fillable.pdf
- Request & mail 6 reference letters – Parent, educator, employer, religious, and 2 of choice. Address return envelop to Scoutmaster Burch. Mark the back of the envelope with your name. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjzhZ_D_p3WAhUFQCYKHU_xCHsQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.doubleknot.com%2Fopenrosters%2FDocDownload.aspx%3Fid%3D100858&usg=AFQjCNEV8GwW8kBaFXehlgB6JLOiDIt5RQ
- Essay – Statement of ambition – see Requirement 6 of the Eagle Application
- Confirm that all your completed badges have been loaded into Troopmaster and what you think you have completed is actually what is loaded in the system.
- Request a Scoutmaster Conference with Mr. Burch. Bring your Handbook, application, and Project Binder for review and signatures – Mr. Burch & Mr. Molloy. Including essay. Full Uniform including sash for Scoutmaster Conference. Consider this a dress rehearsal for your board of review.
- Organize your binder – less is more in the eyes of the Eagle Board – but COMPLETE!! Have Mr. Pozerski review it. Ideally this would be done by time of Scoutmaster conference.
- Hand deliver your binder to the Mayflower/Old Colony Council office – 2438 Washington, St. Canton, MA. This must be done prior to your 18th birthday. You can have your EBoR withn 60-days of your 18th birthday.
- It will take up to 2 weeks to review your binder. Mr. Burch will be notified that your binder has been cleared for a EBoR. It is at this point that you may request to schedule your EBoR.
- Night of the EBoR. You will arrive at the specified location at 6:40 pm and in full uniform – shirt, neckerchief or bolo, shoes, dress pants & belt, Merit badge sash with all your MB attached to it. No OA-Sash. You bring your handbook. Your Eagle binder and reference letters will meet you at your EBoR.